Dear Parents, Guardians,
Your child wishes to participate in the 2022 ROKiT Racing Star F4 Competition to have a chance to become an actual racing driver. This section provides some key information for you as a parent and/or guardian about your child’s entry into the competition.
It is designed to keep you well informed but if you have any questions regarding your child’s participation in the competition after reading this letter, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to know
• The competition starts on January 1, 2022 and consists of 5 rounds of online sim racing utilizing RaceRoom’s sim racing platform.
• The competition is 100% free, as is RaceRoom’s sim platform, the competition car and tracks. There are no entry costs.
• To ensure participants are safe and competent to undertake the possible training, participants must meet the following mandatory requirements and the guidelines listed on this page: https://www.racingstar.com/join-now/
– Domicile: UK Resident
– Age: Minimum 14 on the 1st of January 2022 or maximum 16 on the 1st January 2023
• For each round, participants have circa 2 weeks to qualify for the live races. The qualifying period has been determined to give your child enough time to set a qualifying lap and not get in the way of his or her schooling or daily activities.
• The 20 boys and girls with the fastest qualifying lap times will receive an e-mail invitation to race for competition points in separate boy / girl live online races. These live races are scheduled over weekends, in particular, Saturdays.
• Online races will be broadcast live with professional commentary via live streams on the internet.
• The final score will be tallied from the best 3 rounds out of the total entered. In other words, your child does not have to attend all races.
• To keep the competition fair for everyone, competitors have to follow the competition rules. These rules are specified in the Rule Book. The rule book contains extensive information about the competition, the organisation, the requirements, rules and regulations.
• The Rule Book also covers information regarding privacy, the use of data and images, and the prize.
• For communication with your child and for your child to communicate with other competitors, the chat platform Discord is used. Discord is also used for driver briefings. You are welcome to join Discord as well: https://discord.gg/hxeNEKgMTS.
• Based on the results of the points ranking after 5 rounds, the top 16 boys and 16 girl drivers will be invited to the Grand Final at the University of Bolton’s “National Centre for Motorsport Engineering auditorium”. Parental consent and proof of identity are required.
• The final will be held on the 14th and 15th of May 2022 and consists of online knock-out races in professional racing simulators.
• The invitation to the final includes one accompanying adult which is a mandatory requirement to ensure your child’s well-being.
• Accommodation for the boy and girl competition finalists +1 adult (1 room on the 14th May 2022) will be arranged and is included.
• Prior to the finals, the finalists will undergo health and safety assessments by Motorsport UK. More information on this subject can be found on the website www.racingstar.com/join-now and in the Rule Book.
• The boy and girl winners will be awarded 6-month professional driver training from the UK’s sports governing body, Motorsport UK, during the second half of 2022 with a view to them qualifying to be issued an FIA F4 Competition License. After qualifying to receive their FIA Competition License, the boy and girl 2022 ROKiT Racing Star UK F4 Esports competition winners will be entered in the 2023 British F4 Championship driving for the ROKiT F4 Racing Team.
• The overall top 10 boy and girl finalists will win prizes. For more information, please visit https:/www.racingstar.com/prizes
The Racing Star team hope the above is helpful.
However, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
With best regards,
ROKiT – Racing Star UK